Cryotherapy Chamber Sevenoaks Kent
Whole Body Cryotherapy
Loved by celebrities and athletes, cryotherapy is the ultimate rejuvenating treatment for your body and mind.
Based in Kent, our whole body cryotherapy chamber is a large, walk-in chamber that can accommodate 1-2 people per session for 3-5 minutes with an average temperature between -85°C and -90°C.
What is Cryotherapy?
Three minutes to better wellness, sub-zero temperatures kick start your body’s natural healing processes so whether you’re battling brain fog, struggling to sleep, treating the symptoms of a chronic condition, or looking for a beauty boost, cryotherapy whole body could be the remedy you’ve been looking for.
Ice Chamber Cryochamber, Cryotherapy – what’s the difference?
Cryotherapy goes by a few names, you may hear it called cold therapy, ice chamber, cryochamber or cryotherapy chamber. We call it whole body cryotherapy, quite simply because your whole body enters the chamber to receive cryotherapy.
What to expect after Cryotherapy
What to expect after full body cryotherapy?
Expect to feel great! The cryochamber is invigorating and just a 3-minute session is known to immediately boost your energy, lift your mood and reduce symptoms of pain and inflammation. You’ll be burning calories throughout the day AND probably have the best night’s sleep of your life!
Unlike using ice packs or an ice bath, our cryotherapy chamber in Sevenoaks is a pleasant and therapeutic experience – no pain and no risk of ice burns. Refresh, rejuvenate and re-energise in a matter of minutes.
There really are so many benefits of cryotherapy but don’t just take our word for it, visit our ‘Wall of Love’ to see what our clients have said.
The benefits of cryotherapy – exposure to extreme cold – are nothing new. Cryotherapy chamber Kent is a sophisticated, high-tech, and pain-free way to administer cold therapy – quicker and much more comfortable than an ice bath!
Whether you’re looking for an instant pick-me-up or working towards a long-term healing process, here are some cryotherapy benefits:
Benefits of Cryotherapy (General)
Benefits of Cryotherapy (general)
- Each session can burn approx. 500-800 calories
- Reduction of cortisol (the stress hormone)
- Boosts metabolic rate
- Brightens and tones skin (activates collagen, known to reduce the appearance of cellulite)
- Improved, better quality sleep
- You may notice an increases in energy levels
- Promotes injury prevention and reduces recovery time
- Improves performance and endurance
- Assists in the reduction of inflammation
- Soothes aching muscles and alleviates pains
- Mood-boosting, easing the symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Pain relief, releasing analgesic endorphins to assist in the reduction of pain sensitivity
Benefits of Cryotherapy (Athletes)
Benefits of Cryotherapy (Athletes)
- Relieves muscle tension and boosts post-exercise recovery time
- Aids in injury prevention
- Reduces stiffness
- Speeds up recovery from sports injuries
- Increasing flexibility and range of movement
- Enhanced healing allows the body to prepare for the next training load
- Promotes muscle growth by repairing tissue and replenishing glycogen (energy stores)
- Provides pain relief and wound healing
- Reduces muscle fatigue and soreness
- Decreases the risk of injury, overtraining, and burnout
- Better performance, endurance, agility, and reaction time in training sessions
- Helps to combat the ‘stress’ associated with exercise
- Better quality of sleep – exercise produces energy-boosting hormones like cortisol and adrenaline but constant exercise overproduces these hormones giving you a hard time getting quality sleep
During each treatment, the body is exposed to specifically controlled temperatures which can go as low as -85°C to -90°C. It is possible to burn as many as 800 calories and increase metabolic rate with each Whole Body Cryotherapy treatment in our Ice Chamber.
When exposed to extreme temperatures, our body experiences something called thermogenesis, which is a metabolic response that automatically warms the body by creating more mitochondria, which is often referred to as the powerhouse of cells.
Our body tissue responds and is converted into metabolically active tissue, which with the increased levels, helps the body to burn unwanted fat.
Athletes are at higher risk of injury, such as muscle and ligament strains, and contusions, not to mention the huge amount of mental and emotional pressure that comes with the job.
Whole body cryotherapy Kent has been proven to enhance blood flow to the muscles. The impact of the treatment is instant and the acceleration in healing means that physical performance improves with athletes able to return to activity far quicker than expected.
Whole Body Cryotherapy is used by clients for long-term pain management, post-injury, and surgical recovery, with significant rehabilitative results. It may enhance and maintain general wellness and the anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties can provide pain relief for long-term medical conditions including osteoarthritis, rheumatism, and fibromyalgia.
It can also help reduce uncomfortable itching and inflammation in serious skin conditions such as Psoriasis and Eczema.
The extreme temperatures experienced during Whole Body Cryotherapy trigger physiological hormonal responses, which include the release of adrenaline, noradrenaline, and endorphins. These are known to have a positive effect on those who experience mood disorders like anxiety, stress, and depression.
In a whole body cryotherapy chamber, your skin is exposed to the cold temperature and this improves blood supply to the area. Count anti-aging to the list of cryotherapy skin benefits, the extra blood supply activates collagen production thus brightening and toning the skin. Say goodbye to puffy, inflamed skin!
Cryotherapy can be effective in treating skin conditions such as rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, and acne as well as skin lesions and blemishes such as age spots and pigmentation. The treatment is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin
Research suggests that Cryotherapy can increase the number of white blood cells, which are the cells that fight infection. This means that your body is able to identify and react more quickly to, and attack foreign organisms, which may result in illness.
Exposure to such extremely cold temperatures, for short periods of time, raises the body’s metabolic rate as it works to heat back up again. Whole Body Cryotherapy results in an elevated metabolism 24/7.
As well as strengthening the immune system, Cryotherapy triggers additional immune responses including a decrease in inflammation as it boosts the number of anti-inflammatory cytokines and reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines. This enables the body to develop a healthy immune cell population and the ability to heal damaged muscles more quickly.